About the Exhibit

Aerial view of Ball State Teachers College, circa 1958-1959

Ball State University’s proud and transformative first century has been supported by the continuously visionary and responsive growth and development of an innovative, student-centered campus in Muncie, Indiana. Driven by both functional and aesthetic excellence as guiding principles, the growth of Ball State University’s campus has empowered its faculty, students, and staff to pioneer innovative education and research programs and build invaluable cultural resources of benefit to the campus community and East Central Indiana. Born in 1918 with two buildings and propelled by the philanthropy of the Ball Family, Ball State has transformed into a modern 21st century university.

This interactive digital exhibit published by Ball State University Libraries features digitized historic records documenting the transformative development and growth of this remarkable campus. Featured in the exhibit are digitized archival materials from the University Archives and the Drawings and Documents Archive collecting areas of Archives and Special Collections as well as the GIS Research and Map Collection. The digital exhibit was designed and developed by the Ball State University Libraries’ Office of Digital Research and Publishing.

Next